Welcome


Thanks for stopping by, whether you got here by a link or hitting "next blog" -- I am glad you are here. I've also done some writing on homeschooling, and what I learned thinking I was teaching.

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Roses


In the summer of 1971, I received a dozen red roses at work – I was impressed. Never before had a beau sent such flowers! I told my parents and they told me grandmother, then 92. She was not impressed – wanting to know who his people were, and thenceforth referred to Doug as the rose man.

Over the years, the rose man has sent many lovely roses – today was perhaps the grandest yet – celebrating our anniversary.   Forty years – it’s been a long time that passed so quickly! 

I found these quotes, deep thoughts from others on marriage – some come close to capturing my feelings – and remain good advice for the next forty years I hope to enjoy with the Rose man.  

·      To keep the fire burning brightly there's one easy rule:  Keep the two logs together, near enough to keep each other warm and far enough apart - about a finger's breadth - for breathing room.  Good fire, good marriage, same rule. ~ Marnie Reed Crowell


·      Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.  ~Marcel Proust

·      Love seems the swiftest but it is the slowest of all growths.  No man or woman really knows what perfect love is until they have been married a quarter of a century.  ~Mark Twain

·      Don't marry the person you think you can live with; marry only the individual you think you can't live without.  ~James C. Dobson

·      A happy marriage is the union of two good forgivers.  ~Ruth Bell Graham

·      A happy marriage is a long conversation that always seems too short.  ~Andre Maurois

No comments: