Welcome


Thanks for stopping by, whether you got here by a link or hitting "next blog" -- I am glad you are here. I've also done some writing on homeschooling, and what I learned thinking I was teaching.

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Cracking an Egg Efficiently


Because I have been taking a long sabbatical from news programs, I turned to cable “home-improvement shows” for a gentler window on the world. But I had to dispense with them.  By the time dinner rolled around, I was exhausted from rebuilding backyards, bathrooms, and overhauling kitchens, so invested I became in the plans and their implementation. Whew . . . I could barely get dinner on the table after supervising so much work! 

 Cooking shows similarly wore me out. I was surprised that for however many I watched, none of them changed my decades old approach to meal prep.  I did try following their suggestions for cracking eggs more efficiently. Guess what didn’t work?
 
So Much for a Better Way to Crack an Egg
Then I discovered that even the “how-to” shows had an agenda for reforming my worldview subtly, but  as persistently as talk radio and cable news. They do it by a type of shunning. Blurt out an epithet, espouse the wrong cause, or embrace the wrong worldviews and "buh-bye now!"  Since June of 2013, I see that popularity is no protection even for past failures.

Therefore, I see that Thumper’s mom was wise – she taught Thumper "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothin' at all....

So, I’m listening to even more Classical Music, and doing way more cross-word puzzles.  “Judge Judy” is my new television friend.   And I’ve gone back to cracking eggs the old-fashioned way.  

·      Everyone is a prisoner of his own experiences. No one can eliminate prejudices — just recognize them. ~Edward Roscoe Murrow, 31 December 1955


·      Lord, help me not to despise or oppose what I do not understand. ~William Penn


·      "People simply disappeared, always during the night. Your name was removed from the registers, every record of everything you had ever done was wiped out, your one-time existence was denied and then forgotten. You were abolished, annihilated: vaporized was the usual word." - George Orwell, 1984, Book 1, Chapter 1 (Source)

*Other Source of quotes: QUOTEGARDEN.com

No comments: