Welcome


Thanks for stopping by, whether you got here by a link or hitting "next blog" -- I am glad you are here. I've also done some writing on homeschooling, and what I learned thinking I was teaching.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Change of Plans

We hoped to be in Knoxville Tennessee. tonight. A winter storm changed our plans. Checking all the reports, it appears the wear long the route to Dallas may be dicey if not treacherous. So, we changed course and will lay low for another 24 hours.

Would that other decisions in life could be so plotted! Would that there were some spiritual internet that spelled out the cautions for the next twenty-four hours. With even a bit of warning, I could stay away from potential disagreements, trials or even troubles.

Wait a minute – what is the book of Proverbs if not a advanced warning system? What is Psalm 19, or Psalm 119?

Hmmmm . . .

Getting up-dated road condition reports from the on-line weather channel can save my life and may keep me from harming other drivers. Soaking in God’s word is a surer life saver – as well as a preserver against the carelessness that harms others. Knowing it, believing and trusting it means enjoying a straighter path home than any internet site can offer. (Proverbs 3:5-6)

God, I believe; help Thou my unbelief.

1 comment:

Lynette said...

Prov. 3:5-6 were the first verses I memorized as a new Believer. I was having a difficult time trusting in the Lord. God was faithful then and still is. I recite these verses often when my heart is troubled. Thanks for a great post!