Welcome


Thanks for stopping by, whether you got here by a link or hitting "next blog" -- I am glad you are here. I've also done some writing on homeschooling, and what I learned thinking I was teaching.

Saturday, November 6, 2010

A Way to Pass the Time

Spending some time on a fall day watching the leaves turn color is time well spent. Like watching grass grow, or a snowflake fall, though, we can’t see the process, so much as we can see the result. One day the leaves are lush and shady – the next brilliant red-orange; then,  whoosh – they are gone.

Emily Dickinson mused –

 Besides the autumn poets sing,
A few prosaic days
A little this side of the snow
And that side of the haze.

If slowing down long enough to regard imperceptible autumnal change for its delight is a good use of time, then how much more delightful is taking time to see how people I love change? When I take the time to look, maybe I will then see – perhaps,  just a few moments of my full attention will refresh and comfort them and as well as  me?

No comments: