Welcome


Thanks for stopping by, whether you got here by a link or hitting "next blog" -- I am glad you are here. I've also done some writing on homeschooling, and what I learned thinking I was teaching.

Thursday, February 16, 2012

A Flirt


The weather warmed today after the rain cleared out, and the sun sparkled. Just like a vibrant young flirt does his or her best to convince admirers, they may stand a chance of conquest, the weather tempted me –making me remember how great early March can be in Texas. The weather flirted, tempting me to inspect the rose bushes and the state of the beds, and cast off my sweater. The blue and white pansies prospered this winter; so did the snapdragons. No frost crippled the lavender or curry plants, and their spicy sweetness emanated in the warm sun.

But I resisted the flirtation, as the setting sun failed to warm the evening’s chill.

It’s not quite time to dig, and clip and rake. Nor is it time to anticipate early mornings on the back porch sipping coffee, pursuing a book or Bible study. It’s not time   to switch the closets -- giving an afternoon over to sorting, tossing and packing away clothes, shoes and blankets.

It’s still February – the longest winter month. Or, so, it seems to me.

By late evening, I shivered, wrapped up and took up “the knitting” again.  A half a blanket to finish remains unknitted.

Where does the white go when the snow melts?  ~Hugh Kieffer (A deep thought from one whose biography and reputation I know not.)

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you.  ~Maori Proverb (A mighty people whose ancestral home was our a part of our honeymoon destination – New Zealand)

To be interested in the changing seasons is a happier state of mind than to be hopelessly in love with spring.  ~George Santayana (The author who knew the importance of studying history)

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine.  ~Anthony J. D'Angelo, The College Blue Book

(Thoughts from the Quotegarden.com)

No comments: