Welcome


Thanks for stopping by, whether you got here by a link or hitting "next blog" -- I am glad you are here. I've also done some writing on homeschooling, and what I learned thinking I was teaching.

Friday, May 2, 2014

Facing Facts

Sigh: I Might Be That Old

Last night I was recycling shampoo/lotion bottles, dumping globs of expired creams in the bathroom sink under running water. Not dissolving fast enough, the globs looked gunky. So, I decided to stop the sink and run hot water over the remains.

Had I stayed at the sink, and kept an eye on the water level, though, I never would have known how fast water can overflow the sink and fill the pull out drawer below, and the containers it holds. Nor, would I have had the chance to dry the 3x5 carpet  outside overnight. Or, take an hour away from packing for our trip mopping up gallons of hot slippery water.

You see, what distracted me was opening a present from a friend – a lavender- colored mug proclaiming: “Keep Calm – You’re Not That Old.”

Apparently, I just might be. I remained calm, though . . . and kept baling.

·      As important as it is to keep picking yourself up and brushing yourself off, it's also important to stop tripping over your own two feet. ~Robert Brault,rbrault.blogspot.com


·      There is only one thing more painful than learning from experience, and that is not learning from experience. ~Laurence J. Peter

No comments: