· Lunchtime excites me – because I know nap time surely follows.
· Walks around the neighborhood take longer as I see more things to stop and gaze upon – flowers, leaves, and patterns in concrete.
· Lightning bugs on a summer night make me happy.
· I don’t understand why so many folks are in such a hurry. I once knew.
· The world no longer looks like such an oyster . . . anyway, I am allergic to mollusks.
Come, thieving time, take what you must,
Quickness to move, to hear, to see,
When dust gathers near to dust,
Such diminutions need must be,
But leave, O leave, exempt from plunder,
My sense of humor, curiosity, and wonder.
-Anonymous poem, from 93 year-old lady, given to her pastor in Washington church
This charming quote I gleaned from http://www.christiansquoting.org.uk/