Welcome


Thanks for stopping by, whether you got here by a link or hitting "next blog" -- I am glad you are here. I've also done some writing on homeschooling, and what I learned thinking I was teaching.

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Certain Hope Easter 2013




First rose 2013
Earth to earth, ashes to ashes, dust to dust; in sure and certain hope of the Resurrection into eternal life . . ..  Book of Common Prayer "The Burial of the Dead" (1662)

·      Meaning for life when we see it mangled by each other, crippled and destroyed by human wantonness – when one too many headlines that shocks my heart and crushes optimism. 

·      Purpose for life when it is cut short –

·      Courage for life through the day when I know my own failures, unfaithfulness and cowardice –


A problem well stated is a problem half solved.  ~Charles F. Kettering

How others have hoped:

·      Could life so end, half told; its school so fail?
Soul, soul, there is a sequel to thy tale!
~Robert Mowry Bell

·      But from this earth, this grave, this dust,
My God shall raise me up, I trust.  ~Walter Raleigh

·      There is not room for Death,
Nor atom that his might could render void:
Thou - Thou art Being and Breath,

And what Thou art may never be destroyed.  ~Emily Bronte

·      Faith can move mountains, but don't be surprised if God hands you a shovel.  ~Author Unknown


Job 19:25-27
New Living Translation (NLT)
25 “But as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives,
    and he will stand upon the earth at last.
26 And after my body has decayed,
    yet in my body I will see God![a]
27 I will see him for myself.
    Yes, I will see him with my own eyes.

    I am overwhelmed at the thought!


The roses are again budding in our garden – the wordless evangelist across the street has put on green gossamer foliage . . . my hope is that faith, in Christ, will not disappoint – that it is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. (Hebrews 11:1)

Happy Easter 2013

Hopes gleaned from Christians quoting and the Quote Garden

No comments: