Welcome


Thanks for stopping by, whether you got here by a link or hitting "next blog" -- I am glad you are here. I've also done some writing on homeschooling, and what I learned thinking I was teaching.

Monday, April 14, 2014

My Affect on the Weather


Mary Engelbreit 
Last week’s warm weather spurred me to switch out the warm duds with lighter weight apparel. Within 36 hours, the weather took toke note of the change, and temperatures plunged 20+ degrees – in fact, a freeze is forecast for points north of Dallas. It’s never my intention to bring cold weather back, yet seemingly without fail, when I fiddle about in the closets – the temperatures plummet or rise, depending on the season.

Am I a woman of influence or what?

Hardly.

The influence I wielded was not chilling the hopes of those longing for spring – but bringing order and comfort into my own life – and a visual reminder I still am the princess of quite a lot.

So, what am I doing today with so much?  First, remembering that the moments of this day though dressed in chilly gray are mine to spend – many folks do not have this freedom. Second, forbearance and compassion that I offer may be that cup of cold water somebody close to me needs. And third, what I have is only on loan.   

·      The time will come when winter will ask you what you were doing all summer. 
     ~Henry Clay

·      What is right is often forgotten by what is convenient.  
    ~Bodie Thoene, Warsaw Requiem

It’s Holy Week – a big celebration on the church calendar, remembering God’s unique gift.  It’s a good time to make the spiritual truth of new life concrete* – People close by and far away may need just a little help –along with cold water. Maybe it’s time to give: gently used clothing, household goods, children’s games, our time, or our time and money. 

Here a few links that might revive our passion for giving and our determination to manage our resources wisely:

·      WORLD VISION
·      Samaritan’s Purse  
·      The Salvation Army

No comments: