Welcome


Thanks for stopping by, whether you got here by a link or hitting "next blog" -- I am glad you are here. I've also done some writing on homeschooling, and what I learned thinking I was teaching.

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Granted:

from Wiki Article

I watch too much TV . . . but sometimes the fare on cable is mesmerizing!  And it beats the news by a long shot!

The other night, watching "America’s Worst Tattoo" I realized that of all the things I never did, not getting a tattoo was a good thing.   In the two episodes I watched – transfixed – the tattoos people showed were unattractive, inappropriate or incompetently rendered. They wanted their tattoos covered up – the “new” designs were startling solutions.  

Tattoos are as taboo for me, as piercing ears were for my mother – She about took gas when I had my ears pierced, by her sister-in-law.  But now, the nicest people have chosen to commemorate events, dreams, or opinions by tattooing them discretely or blatantly.  (Link to more than you might want to know – but read anyway)

 My mother couldn’t convince me not to pierce my ears – any more than I could convince someone to avoid decorating their flesh with color and designs. But I can share two warnings --

·      Think before you ink!  ~Author Unknown


·      Women, don't get a tattoo.  That butterfly looks great on your breast when you're twenty or thirty, but when you get to seventy, it stretches into a condor.  ~Billy Elmer – comedian

And finally – just thinking about the reality of skin that is losing a wee bit of elasticity:

·       When you make a mistake, admit it; learn from it and don’t repeat it. (Bear Bryant)

No comments: