Welcome


Thanks for stopping by, whether you got here by a link or hitting "next blog" -- I am glad you are here. I've also done some writing on homeschooling, and what I learned thinking I was teaching.

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

One Thing about the Golden Years . . .


Though filled with brass, they reflect light enough to see how crazy dumb some of my ideas really were. But, as one anonymous philosopher illustrated: one good thing about being [old] is I did most of my dumb stuff before the Internet.
 
Keep On Painting!
Small mercies make a big difference, especially on a rainy Monday.   

Another small mercy this morning was Christopher Kimball’s editorial in Cook’s Illustrated Magazine, the July-August edition. His Bucket List of Little Things to do with the time left reminded me – of a few possibilities:

·      Remembering all the kindnesses done me, for which I can never repay is still a good first step to take, maybe even today.

·      Good books abound – reading them is better than bemoaning the dearth of good storytellers.

·      Memorization is not yet beyond my grasp – and his suggestion of Jabberwocky would be a great work out for the brain cells. Don't bet on me actually doing this! 

Summer is about to begin – and thinking about little things to do – to enjoy and to share with others is a great tonic. Finally, Mr. Kimball is spot-on about something else: I, too, would like to live long enough and see our kids’ kids grow into great people – as “noble in spirit and kind as my kids are.”


Don't let yesterday use up too much of today. ~Cherokee Indian Proverb


We crucify ourselves between two thieves: regret for yesterday and fear of tomorrow. ~Fulton Oursler






No comments: