Welcome


Thanks for stopping by, whether you got here by a link or hitting "next blog" -- I am glad you are here. I've also done some writing on homeschooling, and what I learned thinking I was teaching.

Friday, June 13, 2014

Move!

In today’s devotion from Park Cities Presbyterian Church, Erin Patrick commented on Psalm 147:1-2, 3. The gist was take a look at where you are sitting – you might just need to move!  (You Are on the Throne -- I Am Not!)


On a day when the world’s news is not good -- being urged to rejoice, knowing the mighty Lord reigns, seemed like futile counsel. But empty handed, and full of [holy] fear is how I have been invited to come to God, and given a position, a purpose and a promise.  However,  

·      Being seated with Christ in the heavenlies describes my security – not my job. (Ephesians 2:6)

·      Being able to do all things through Christ who gives me strength describes how I live in uncertain, dangerous and disappointing times. (Philippians 4:13)

·      Reigning with Him, is in the future tense.   (2 Timothy 2:12 )

Note, though, that for today – He is ready willing and able to help.

When I look at this defining character trait in the Scriptures, I come to Psalm 46– and note that is a song of the descendants of Korah, to be sung by soprano voices.

Women have soprano voices. The women in Korah’s tribe had lived through times of terror, trials and temptations – yet they praised God. Maybe this alto needs reexamine her range?

Who are You, Lord, that You bend low and hear the petitions and praises of  a wayward soul like me?

 My hands are not empty, and are often too full of worry to clap; wringing them is not what raising them in praise looks like, either. Yet, my hope is that God inhabits the praises of His people.

God, the earth feels as if it is giving way because of the wicked and your people who sin – humans inflict pain and suffering on each other and Your creation. But, settled on my throne, I freely question what You are doing, and offer my opinion on how to make things better rather than getting up off my rear-end and doing the next thing.  (Heroism- Doe the Next Thynge)



  • Checking seat assignments is not futile counsel! 

No comments: